So our group finally got the camera and equipment last Thursday to begin filming for our movie! We have been preparing for that moment since the day our assignment was assigned. Unfortunately, I was unable to stay for filming on Thursday night due to training for a campus organization, but I did receive an update from my group on what went down.
Apparently I missed an eventful evening. Three scenes were shot that night, including what I believe to be our hardest scene. I’m so proud of my group for accomplishing that feat! We also had a run in with the cops, which I’m sure was very interesting! During one of our scenes where our main actor is supposed to be sprawled on the ground, some cops ran over thinking that something real had happened! An ambulance was almost called and everything. From a sound editing standpoint, it would have been really cool to have the sound of an ambulance in the background, but not so much from a real life standpoint. Either way, I heard some great footage was captured and I can’t wait to get to see it. We still have some scenes to film throughout this next week.
It seems that our biggest problem so far is scheduling. It’s hard to get everyone together at once to get things done (me being a good chunk of this problem, sorry group!). We all have different schedules with work, class, and social involvements, but I know we’ll work it all out in the end. Luckily, the next few times for possible filming seem to fit well in mine and most other members’ schedules. I’m excited to be there during the process finally! We are well equipped with the skills and knowledge to get this done properly and I’m excited to see our final product. I know we’ll produce something spectacular!
Once all the filming is taken care of, it’ll be my turn to step in and work on the sound. I’m a little, well actually a lot nervous about this endeavor. I’ve never done any true sound editing and I don’t want to be the reason our film isn’t at its best. I have some ideas on what type of music to put in as background music and as sound effects during special scenes. I’m just not sure how to exactly go about finding and/or recording these special sounds. I’m going to do a bit of research and hope that it answers all my sound editing questions. I’m ready to get started!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Scheduling is the bane of any group activity, isn't it? I admire you all so much for being able to do anything with so much to work around!
ReplyDelete