Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Last Stretch...

Film class is winding down to an end and we’ve almost completed our own film. In class last week we waited to get our film digitized to begin editing all the shots together. Due to some unforeseen happenings, our film did not get digitized in class that evening. Of course, we were sad, even devastated! How ever will we finish our film?1?!?!?! But then, VOILA! Our brilliant director Clint had an idea! Of course, with some collaborating betwixt ourselves, we got our film digitized the next day! Now we are ready to hit the ground running with the editing and addition of sound.

Clint and I met on Friday to discuss the sounds we thought we would need for our film. Other than some normal, everyday sounds that one would hear while walking to class and dropping in the student center, we decided we need 3 key songs for the film: an opening song, a song for the climax, and a closing song. We’ve decided to go with classical music for our film. Not only because you can easily find it for free, but also because our main character is a music major and would honestly love that type of music. Did we do this on purpose? Maybe. But I can’t be certain (but if so it was very smart of us!). Being the sound editor, I’m in the process of finding the right song for each scene currently. I have a few songs in mind but I’m just not that knowledgeable in the area of classical music. Hopefully a little Pandora action and YouTube searching will lead me in the right direction.

Besides the digitizing and sound searching, there really aren’t any other updates from our film. Filming itself went very well and we got all the shots we wanted. I think our actors were cast well and did a great job playing their roles. I’m totally excited to see our final product because I feel like we’ve worked really hard on it. We didn’t just do it to get it done, but we did it to create a great short film. All I can hope is that it turns out the way we thought it would. It really is a lot harder to actually go out and make your own film than you’d think. There are so many other elements that you don’t even consider when you’re actually watching a movie. But I’ll have to let you know how it turns out when the times comes!

1 comment:

  1. Love the description of Clint's brilliance. Two groups finally took their digitizing into their own hands. I did not foresee that being such a huge bottleneck (and I guess Eric didn't, either), but I love the way ya'll worked around it.

    ReplyDelete