Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Journey Continues…

This past week was our second and final week of filming! Everything worked out well and we got all the shots we needed. I’m sure there will be some pick-up shots that we’ll discover we need later, but for now we seem to have everything we need. I was able to actually go out and shoot with my team the past two filming times. It was extremely interesting to see how everything works and how time consuming setting up a scene can be. You have to make sure you have the right camera angle, only the things you want in the shot are in the shot, and that the boom is positioned precisely where it can pick up the best sound. It got pretty complicated at times, but our team managed to pull it off.

I must say the most interesting scene we filmed was the death scene. This scene had already been partially filmed the week before, but we needed more shots with the right lighting. Last Thursday, we went out to the same street across from the police department to film our scene. We did inform the police before filming this time, but the general public wasn’t exactly aware. I can’t even describe the faces of people driving by who actually thought something had happened. The words “oh my god” and “holy crap” were uttered so many times by people driving by until we yelled, “it’s for a film, no worries!” It was actually pretty funny to see the reactions of people who didn’t know what was going on. I guess our acting skills were pretty superb! :)

Our scene with the mime was interesting too. Luckily, one of my good friends volunteered to paint her face white and be a mime for our film at the last second. Although she never went to mime school, I will say she played the stuck-in-a-box act pretty well. She was so much fun to work with that I realized why people enjoy filmmaking. I can’t even imagine how many times actors, directors, producers, cameramen, and other important people are just having fun while waiting to film. It can be time consuming, but if the people are easy to work with, it makes the process a lot more fun.

I’m excited that we have all our film ready to go! I can’t wait to see what it looks like once we get through editing all the shots together and add some cool music. I’m sure it’ll be a fine masterpiece!

1 comment:

  1. This is priceless. Talk about making it real! Honors in a nutshell. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete